It´s finally snow time! And what does that mean? Getting cosy in the morning, driving to the mountains and play in the snow like there was no tomorrow. Seriously, that was so much fun. Let´s be honest, we are not kids anymore… but take me to the snow and I become one in a matter of seconds. And I´ll come back home wet from head to toes (or rather from jacket to underwear…)
And how good is that after-play-time feeling? Getting home, taking a warm shower, putting on cosy clothes… and sitting on the table to the most creamy and deliciously soup ever. Seriously, is there anything better than that?
And the best part is that you can make this soup in less than 15 minutes using pre-cooked potatoes and peas. I always keep some in my pantry for those days when I need a hot soup ready in a matter of minutes. And the flavour matches perfectly with some bread and hummus. So don´t be shy and dip dip dip!
Yield 2-3 servings
- 1 medium potato, peeled and chopped in small pieces
- 1 cup cooked green peas
- 2 cups vegetable broth
- 2/3 cup unsweetened non-dairy milk
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder or 1 fresh clove, minced
- Salt and pepper to taste
- For the topping (optional):
- Chili flakes
- Balsamic Dressing
- Place all the ingredients in a sauce pan and bring to a boil.
- Stir well, then cover, reduce heat to minimum and simmer until the potatoes are tender (around 15 minutes).
- Turn off the heat, blend and serve.
- Optional: top with chili flakes annd balsamic dressing (as in the picture above)
- Note: if using pre-cooked potatoes, boil only for a couple of minutes, then blend and serve.
Cuisine Low-Fat, Gluten-Free, Soy-Free, Nut-Free