The perfect pasta salad for any day of the week, for lunch or dinner, at home or to take away. You can make it ahead of time and take it to work, uni, on a road trip… Light and refreshing but at the same time very satisfying. This pasta salad is also a nutritious bomb, since it is rich in pretty much all vitamins and minerals.
And another salad recipe guys, because it´s summer and because my blog´s salad department was pretty much non-existent. I eat tons of potatoes and salad is usually kind of a side dish…but wait…that actually just gave an idea! What about a potato salad?!?!? Yeah, that one is on its way too.
I´ve been having this salad for lunch pretty much every day of the week. It´s easy and fast to make, filling, refreshing and ohhh, it is sooo tasty. This pasta salad is also a great option for all of you that need to pack your lunch for work or uni. You can make it the day before, store it in an airtight container and you´re all set.
You might think that combining beans and pasta is kind of weird but, believe me, it’s an awesome combo and thanks to those two ingredients, you´ll feel completely satisfied until several hours later.
Yield 2 servings
The perfect pasta salad for any day of the week, for lunch or dinner, at home or to take away. Light and refreshing but at the same time very satisfying. This pasta salad is also vegan, gluten-free, oil-free, low-fat, soy-free and 100% delicious!
For the salad:
- 2 cups uncooked pasta (use gluten-free pasta for a gluten-free version)
- 1 tomato, chopped
- 2 cups canned black beans (rinsed and drained)
- 2 green onions (I used only the green part), chopped
For the dressing:
- 1 heaping tablespoon almond butter
- 2 tablespoons non-dairy milk of choice
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup (optional)
- 1 teaspoon mustard
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- Squeeze of lemon
- Cook the pasta according to the package instruction.
- Add all the dressing ingredients into a small bowl and stir until well combined.
- Once the pasta is cooked, rinse it under cold water and drain it.
- Serve the pasta along with the rest of the salad ingredients (this recipe makes two servings).
- Drizzle with the dressing, toss and enjoy!
Cuisine oil-free, low-fat, gluten-free, soy-free
Made this salad for dinner last night! Fantastic flavour and filling. Thanks.
Hi Sandy! I´m so glad you like it! 🙂