SUMMER SALAD WITH LEMON-TAHINI DRESSING
Not everybody likes salads but this no-greens summer salad with tahini dressing is out of this world delicious and 100% plate-licking. Hearty but refreshing at the same time, this dish is going to be your go-to salad this summer.
I´m sure when you read the word “salad”, you expected to see a base of greens and a bunch of raw veggies. Well, there are not greens in this salad (besides some chives) and I know a few people that will definitely love that. I actually love greens and I think this salad would be even more awesome with some sautée kale but I didn´t have any on hand. Still, it was so incredibly good, that it deserves a spot on my blog.
This is actually the perfect salad that you put together when:
- You are so hungry, that you are about to start eating your own hand.
- You are not willing to spend more than 15 minutes in the kitchen (because you are tired, or lazy or *insert excuse of choice*), and…
- It´s summer, so even though you want something super comforting and filling because your hunger is driving you crazy, you are craving something refreshing.
So that´s what this salad is all about. Easy, fast, filling and refreshing. It takes a few minutes to put together, it´s super satisfying thanks to the beans, the bread and the avocado. And at the same time, the tomatoes, the chives and the tahini-lemon dressing make it amazingly refreshing.
SUMMER SALAD WITH LEMON TAHINI DRESSING
Yield 4 servings
Easy, fast, hearty and refreshing. It takes a few minutes to put together, it´s super satisfying thanks to the beans, the bread and the avocado. On the other hand, the tomatoes, chives and the tahini-lemon dressing make this summer salad amazingly refreshing.
For the salad:
- 2 cups canned black beans
- 6 slices whole wheat bread, toasted and cut in small pieces
- 2 big tomato, chopped in small pieces
- ¼ cup chopped chives
- 1 avocado, mashed
For the dressing:
- 4 tablespoons of tahini
- Juice of one lemon
- 5 tablespoons non-dairy milk
- 1 teaspoon mustard
- 2 tablespoon agave syrup
- ¼ teaspoon of salt
- Whisk all the dressing ingredients in a glass or bowl until smooth. Set aside.
- Spread some avocado on each piece of bread.
- Divide black beans and chopped tomatoes into 4 servings. Top with the chives and the bread spread with avocado.
- Drizzle the salads with a little bit of the dressing, toss and enjoy!
- If you are going to prepare this dish in advance, keep the salad and the dressing separated in two different airtight containers and mix just before serving.
- I also recommend maxing the avocado and spreading it on the bread right before serving. Otherwise the avocado might turn brown.
- You can store the dressing leftovers in an airtight container and in the fridge for up to 3-4 days, and always shake before using.
- The dressing will thicken up a little bit as time goes by, this is totally normal.
Cuisine oil-free, soy-free, nut-free