CREAMY PASTA WITH MUSHROOMS AND SPINACH
Creamy pasta, easy to make and ready to eat in less than 30 min? yes! No culinary skills required besides knowing how to use a knife and a blender. And not only is this dish delicious but it is also packed with vitamins A, E, K and from the B group as well as minerals such as copper, manganese and selenium!
This creamy pasta is the dream of all those people that love to eat pasta dishes but hate preparing them. Yes, I´m talking to you, lazy pasta lovers 👋🏻. This recipe involves almost no cooking skills (everybody knows how to use a knife and a blender, right? 🤔) and you will cook everything in one single pot. Just awesome.
This creamy pasta is also great for all those people who love homemade food but hate the clean-up that cooking at home often involves. For this recipe you only need one pot, a small blender and a knife, that´s it. And what about the process? It couldn´t get any easier. You can cook all the ingredients together, there is no need to drain the pasta and making the sauce takes literally less than 5 minutes. So you can have a deliciously filling pasta dish on the table in 30 minutes or less, depending on how fast you are chopping mushrooms. Or…if you are a lazy master, you could buy them chopped 😉.
If you are looking for some other pasta recipes, check out this Mac & Cheese with Nut Parmesan and this Sun Dried Tomato, Kale & Tahini Pasta. Last but not least, if you make this recipe and share it on Instagram, don´t forget to tag me @_brightbird and hashtag it #thebrightbird. I would love to see your pictures!
ONE-POT CREAMY SPINACH MUSHROOM PASTA
Yield 3 servings
If you love pasta dishes but hate the clean-up, this recipe is for you. You only need a pot, a knife and a small blender. Super filling, deliciously creamy and packed with nutrients.
For the pasta:
- 250 grams whole wheat pasta of your choice
- 500g mushrooms, washed and chopped
- 150g spinach, washed and chopped
- 2 cups (470ml) water
For the sauce:
- 1/3 cup almonds (50 grams approximately)
- 2/3 cups soy milk (160ml approximately)
- 2 tablespoons nutritional yeast
- 2 teaspoons whole wheat flour
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- Pepper and hot sauce
- Add pasta, water, chopped mushrooms and chopped spinach into a pot.
- Place on the stove and bring to a boil over high heat.
- Reduce heat to minimum and cook, covered, during 15 minutes.
- Prepare the sauce, adding all the ingredients into a blender and blending until smooth.
- After the 15 minutes, add the sauce to the pasta and cook on high heat, stiring constantly, until the sauce thickens up.
- Adjust salt to taste and serve. Add a pinch of pepper and a splash of hot sauce (optional).
- Reduce salt to 1/2 teaspoon for a low sodium version.
- This recipe makes 3 big servings or 4 small ones.
- This dish is rich in vitamin A, E, K, B1, B2, B3, B5, B6, folate and in copper, magnesium, manganese, phosphorus, selenium and zinc.
- You can substitute almonds for cashews.