ONE-POT CREAMY SPINACH MUSHROOM PASTA
Yield 3 servings
If you love pasta dishes but hate the clean-up, this recipe is for you. You only need a pot, a knife and a small blender. Super filling, deliciously creamy and packed with nutrients.
For the pasta:
- 250 grams whole wheat pasta of your choice
- 500g mushrooms, washed and chopped
- 150g spinach, washed and chopped
- 2 cups (470ml) water
For the sauce:
- 1/3 cup almonds (50 grams approximately)
- 2/3 cups soy milk (160ml approximately)
- 2 tablespoons nutritional yeast
- 2 teaspoons whole wheat flour
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- Add pasta, water, chopped mushrooms and chopped spinach into a pot.
- Place on the stove and bring to a boil over high heat.
- Reduce heat to minimum and cook, covered, during 15 minutes.
- Prepare the sauce, adding all the ingredients into a blender and blending until smooth.
- After the 15 minutes, add the sauce to the pasta and cook on high heat, stiring constantly, until the sauce thickens up.
- Adjust salt to taste and serve. Add a pinch of pepper and a splash of hot sauce (optional).
- Reduce salt to 1/2 teaspoon for a low sodium version.
- This recipe makes 3 big servings or 4 small ones.
- This dish is rich in vitamin A, E, K, B1, B2, B3, B5, B6, folate and in copper, magnesium, manganese, phosphorus, selenium and zinc.
- You can substitute almonds for cashews.
Recipe by The Bright Bird at https://www.thebrightbird.com/creamy-pasta-with-mushrooms-and-spinach/