Yield 2-3 servings
- 1 medium potato, peeled and chopped in small pieces
- 1 cup cooked green peas
- 2 cups vegetable broth
- 2/3 cup unsweetened non-dairy milk
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder or 1 fresh clove, minced
- Salt and pepper to taste
- For the topping (optional):
- Chili flakes
- Balsamic Dressing
- Place all the ingredients in a sauce pan and bring to a boil.
- Stir well, then cover, reduce heat to minimum and simmer until the potatoes are tender (around 15 minutes).
- Turn off the heat, blend and serve.
- Optional: top with chili flakes annd balsamic dressing (as in the picture above)
- Note: if using pre-cooked potatoes, boil only for a couple of minutes, then blend and serve.
Cuisine Low-Fat, Gluten-Free, Soy-Free, Nut-Free
Recipe by The Bright Bird at https://www.thebrightbird.com/pea-soup/