ROASTED PEPPER PASTA
A big dish of whole wheat pasta with this creamy and filling roasted pepper sauce makes the perfect lunch or dinner. If you are a picky eater and don’t like “pieces” of vegetables on your pasta, this roasted pepper pasta is everything you´ve been looking for.
September is knocking the door guys, how is that even possible? It seems to me it was yesterday when I first started wearing summer clothes. Time flies when you are having fun, which is exactly my case during summer time. Sun, hot weather, banana ice cream, summer clothes, beach volleyball, yoga at the park, going to the pool, sunbathing at the beach…No please, I don’t want summer to end.
On the other hand, when I think about cosy sweat pants, hot chocolate and a saturday night movie on the sofa with a blanket…well, that doesn’t sound so bad. And comfort food. Lots of it. Something like a big bowl of whole wheat pasta swimming in a delicious roasted pepper sauce. Yasss please. Sign me in.
And what if I told you that this is the perfect recipe for lazy pasta lovers? The only thing you have to do to make this dish is boil some pasta and blend a few ingredients. Yes, that’s pretty much it. If you are feeling fancy today, I recommend you roast the red bell peppers yourself because you know, homemade always tastes better…BUT. We are talking laziness level 11 here. So canned roasted red bell peppers are 100% allowed. And the toppings are obviously optional, but I’m definitely a toppings person so for me, spending a few more seconds with this, is totally worth it.
I don’t have much more to say besides that this dish will definitely make Autumn a little less sad for me. I know a lot of people love Autumn but I’m a summer animal…so I need some motivation to start getting ready to say goodbye to my beautiful sunny and hot summer days.
ROASTED PEPPER PASTA
Yield 2 servings
Whole wheat pasta swimming in a delicious roasted pepper sauce. The perfect recipe for lazy pasta lovers and for those who only like their pasta covered in sauce and nothing else.
- 250 grams of pasta (use gluten free pasta for a gluten-free version)
- 3 red bell peppers (you can use canned roasted red bell peppers)
- 1 cup non dairy milk
- 2 tablespoons chopped scallions
- 2 tablespoons almond butter or cashew butter
- 1 tablespoon mustard
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ to ½ teaspoon chili flakes
- Boil the pasta according to the package instructions.
- Skip the next four steps if using canned roasted red bell peppers.
- Preheat oven to 180ºC.
- Cut the peppers in half and cut off the stem. Get rid of the seeds and membranes.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and place the peppers cut side down.
- Roast the peppers for 30 min at 180ºC.Turn them around and roast for another 15 minutes.
- Once the peppers are roasted, blend them up with the rest of the ingredients (besides the pasta) until smooth.
- Once the pasta is cooked, drain and place again in the pot. Add the sauce and cook everything together on medium heat for a few minutes.
- Serve as is or with your favourite toppings. I topped my pasta with chopped scallions, chili flakes and vegan nut parmesan.
Cuisine gluten-free, soy-free, oil-free