ROASTED PEPPER PASTA
Yield 2 servings
Whole wheat pasta swimming in a delicious roasted pepper sauce. The perfect recipe for lazy pasta lovers and for those who only like their pasta covered in sauce and nothing else.
- 250 grams of pasta (use gluten free pasta for a gluten-free version)
- 3 red bell peppers (you can use canned roasted red bell peppers)
- 1 cup non dairy milk
- 2 tablespoons chopped scallions
- 2 tablespoons almond butter or cashew butter
- 1 tablespoon mustard
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ to ½ teaspoon chili flakes
- Boil the pasta according to the package instructions.
- Skip the next four steps if using canned roasted red bell peppers.
- Preheat oven to 180ºC.
- Cut the peppers in half and cut off the stem. Get rid of the seeds and membranes.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and place the peppers cut side down.
- Roast the peppers for 30 min at 180ºC.Turn them around and roast for another 15 minutes.
- Once the peppers are roasted, blend them up with the rest of the ingredients (besides the pasta) until smooth.
- Once the pasta is cooked, drain and place again in the pot. Add the sauce and cook everything together on medium heat for a few minutes.
- Serve as is or with your favourite toppings. I topped my pasta with chopped scallions, chili flakes and vegan nut parmesan.
Cuisine gluten-free, soy-free, oil-free
Recipe by The Bright Bird at https://www.thebrightbird.com/roasted-pepper-pasta/