ORANGE YOGURT MUFFINS
These orange yogurt muffins are perfect for a sunday breakfast, on the go or as a snack with a glass of chocolate almond milk. These are also the perfect muffins to bring to a family or friends gathering.
Muffins again Sonia? Yes, just deal with it. I recently found out that I´m not the only one here that loves muffins, since I received a few requests to share more muffin recipes, as well as dressings and salads. So that’s what I am all about lately. I´m been kind of living out of salads and sweet treats, which doesn´t sound ideal, I know. But nobody is perfect and as long as I eat 98% of the time salads and 2% of the time muffins, I am ok with it and I´ll keep my readers happy.
And when I say “salads” I´m not talking about lettuce and tomatoes. I´m talking about hearty, filling, nutritious salads that completely satisfy my elephant hunger. Do you feel like eating a salad before making these gorgeous and delicious muffins? Then check out this pasta salad or this summer salad with lemon-tahini dressing. Yeah, that’s the kind of “salad” I’m talking about. I often add a bed of greens on the bottom just to feel even better.
Ok, now back to today’s topic: ORANGE YOGURT MUFFINS.
If you don’t like oranges and non-dairy yogurt…you are doing something wrong. No, just kidding. Actually, you might still like these muffins! A friend of mine told me that the idea of muffins with an orange and yogurt flavor didn’t appeal to him. What happen next? He ate one muffins, then another one…and then 2 more. Exactly. It doesn’t matter if you think those flavors don’t pair well with muffins. They definitely do and I’m just proving it to you with these delicious beauties.
And now, as always, the best part. Not only are these orange yogurt muffins delicious, these are actually much much better than anything you can buy in a supermarket or bakery. No butter, oils, margarine, white flour, white sugar or unnecessary additives. You can eat two of this muffins as a snack and not feel even a little bit guilty. I ate them with a glass of chocolate almond milk and oh my god…pure goodness!
ORANGE YOGURT MUFFINS
Yield 9 medium muffins
These orange yogurt muffins are perfect for a sunday breakfast, on the go or as a snack with a glass of chocolate almond milk. These are also the perfect muffins to bring to a family or friends gathering. These are vegan and oil-free.
- 1 and ½ cups (140g) whole spelt flour
- 5 tablespoons (50g) unrefined sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon baking soda
- Pinch of salt
- ½ cup (120ml) orange juice
- ⅓ cup (80ml) non-dairy yogurt
- 2 tablespoons cashew butter
- Preheat oven to 200ºC.
- In a large bowl, whisk all the dry ingredients and set aside.
- In another large bowl, whisk wet ingredients.
- Pour the wet mixture into the bowl with the dry ingredients. Fold carefully until just combined. Do NOT overmix or you could end up with flat muffins!
- Spoon the butter into silicone muffin cups or into paper liners. If using paper liners, place them first in a muffin tray. Fill the muffin cups/liners up until almost full.
- Place in the oven (in the third lower rack) and bake at 200ºC for the first 10 minutes. Then reduce the heat to 180ºC and bake for another 20 minutes. DO NOT open the door during the process.
- Remove muffins from the oven and let them rest until completely cool. If you used paper liners, make sure the muffins have cooled down completely. Otherwise you won't be able to peel the paper line properly.
- I recommend storing them in a plastic bag or air-tight container. The muffins will stay fresh up to 5-6 days in the fridge or up to 2-3 days at room temperature.
Courses sweet treats