This has been my go-to gravy lately. It´s creamy, savory, and so rich in flavor that you will want to put it on everything, from potatoes to veggies or even pasta. It´s oil-free, low in fat, gluten-free and can be made nut-free.
Yield 1 and 1/3 cups
- 1 cup of either almond milk or soy milk (for nut-free option)
- 1 cloved of garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons soy sacue
- 2 tablespoons nutritional yeast
- 2 tablespoon rice flour
- 1/2 teaspoon of mustard
- Add all the ingredients into a sauce pan and stir until well combined.
- Cook on medium heat while stiring constantly.
- It will be ready as soon as it gets to your desired consistency. The longer you cook it, the thicker it will get.
Cuisine Low-Fat, Gluten-Free, Nut-Free
Tags: Gluten-Free, Low-Fat, Nut-Free
What other flour can be used in place of rice flour?
Hi Peggy! You can use whole wheat flour, oat flour, spelt flour…any will work. But concerning the flour, I prefer it with brown rice flour 🙂