CRISPY FRENCH FRIES
Fries as a main dish? This lifestyle couldn´t get any better.
Today I want to show you how to make delicious, crispy and oil-free French fries. There are plenty of oil-free, baked potatoes recipes but somehow I was not happy with the texture (kind of rubbery and not crispy enough). One lazy day, I decided to make them using store-bought, pre-boiled potatoes and somehow, the texture was so much better! So I though maybe that was the secret. I decided to give it a try and the next day I boiled my potatoes before baking them and I also decided to toss them with some brown rice flour, which might help out with the “crisp factor”.
And there you go, best oil-free Frech fries I´ve ever had. Crispy, healthy, delicious and extremely easy French fries. Ok, it might not be the fastest recipe in the world but… Healthy fries, guys. Healthy fries. This is definitely worth the splurge! I´ve been eating these for a long time and I can tell you that there´s nothing like stuffing your face with this tasty bites of potato goodness. Any day, any time!
Crispy French Fries
Yield 2 servings
- 6 medium potatoes
- ½ teaspoon of salt
- 2 teaspoons smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- ¼ cup brown rice flour
- Wash and peel the potatoes and cut them into slices (1,5 cm approximately). Make sure you don´t make them too thin!
- Place in a pot with water and bring it to a boil. Boil for ten minutes.
- Preheat oven to 200°C
- Drain the potatoes and place them in a big bowl. Add the salt, garlic powder, smoked paprika, soy sauce and mix well. Then add the brown rice flour and mix again.
- Line a baking pan with parchment paper and place the potatoes on top without overlapping too much.
- Bake at 200°C for 35-40 minutes, flipping with a spatula once after 20 minutes of cooking.
- Note: For best flavor and texture, eat them while still hot/warm.
Cuisine Nut-Free, Gluten-Free
Please list the preparation instructions.. When you transferred to the ew site, it looks like the ingredients came over twice, but no instructions. I’m trying to make these from memory and hope I have the oven temperature and timing right. Thanks!…love your site!
Hi Scott, thank you for the feedback! The transfer is taking me more time than expected and quite some mistakes but I hope to be done by the end of this month. I just fixed the instructions part 🙂 Once again, thank you!
Hola Sonia! Ojala vuelvas pronto, me ayudan mucho tus recetas
Hola Sara! tu comentario me alegra mucho! Resulta que voy a rediseñar la web por completo y estoy creando mucho contenido nuevo que empezaré a subir en cuanto la web esté lista, aproximadamente a principios de Octubre 🙂 Así que estaré encantada si te pasas de nuevo por aquí en un par de meses para decirme qué te parece! Toda crítica constructiva es bienvenida 🙂 Un beso!