VEGAN OIL-FREE CREAM CHEESE
Yield 2 cups approximately
Creamy, tangy and great for spreading or even dipping. This cream cheese is vegan, gluten-free and oil-free. Try adding a few tablespoons on top of a pasta dish. Irresistible.
- 1 cup (130g) cashews (not salted /not roasted)
- 3/4 cup (175ml) soy yogurt (unsweetened)
- 3 tablespoons nutritional yeast
- 1 tablespoon mustard
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt ( I recommend using kala namak)
- 1 clove of garlic, minced
- 3 tablespoons chopped chives (optional but adds a nice flavor)
- Blend all the ingredients together (except the chives) using a powerful blender until creamy and smooth. Then add the chives and serve.
- Let it rest in the fridge for a few hours for a thicker texture.
- For best results I recommend using a powerful blender such as Vitamix or Blentec. If you don´t have one, you can soak the cashews first overnight and then use the food processor or a hand blender. Since the cashews will absorb some water, reduce the soy yogurt to 1/2 cup (120ml).
- You can place it in an air-tight container and in the fridge for up to 3-4 days.
Courses Dips & Spreads
Cuisine Gluten-Free, Oil-Free
Recipe by The Bright Bird at https://www.thebrightbird.com/vegan-cream-cheese-oil-free/