SUNDAY POWER PANCAKES
Yield 12 pancakes
- For the pancakes:
- 2 cups rolled oats
- 1 and 2/3 cups non-dairy milk
- 1 ripe banana
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- pinch of salt
- 3 teaspoons apple cider vinegar
- For the chocolate syrup, combine:
- 2 tablespoons molasses
- 2 teaspoons cacao powder
- 2 teaspoons non-dairy milk
- For the cashew cream, combine:
- 1 and ½ tablespoons cashew butter
- 3 tablespoons non-dairy milk
- Note: any nut butter will work (besides tahini because is kind of bitter). Walnut butter, peanut butter, hemp butter, macadamia butter....The flavour will vary but it will still be delicious.
- ¼ cup blueberries
- ¼ cup raspberries
- 1 banana sliced
- Place all the ingredients beside the vinegar in a blender and blend until smooth. Then add the vinegar and blend for another 3-5 seconds.
- Preheat a non-stick pan to medium-high heat.
- Pour about ¼ cup of the batter into the pan and cook until bubbles for on the top. Then flip and cook for another minute or until slightly brown.
Cuisine Low-Fat, Gluten-Free, Soy-Free
Recipe by The Bright Bird at https://www.thebrightbird.com/sunday-power-pancakes/