Sun Dried Tomato, Kale & Tahini Pasta
Yield 2 servings
For the pasta:
- 8 sun-dried tomatoes
- 1 and 1/2 cup of kale, chopped
- Boiling water
- Cooked pasta of your choice
For the sauce:
- 3/4 cups almond milk
- 1/2 cup vegetable broth
- 1 teaspoons mustard
- 1 heaping tablespoon tahini
- 1 heaping tablespoon onion flakes (or 1 teaspoon onion powder)
- 2 cloves of garlic, finely minced
- 2 tablespoons nutritional yeast (optional but adds some cheesy flavor)
- 1 tablespoon arrowroot powder or cornstarch. (You can also use 2 tablespoon of flour instead)
- 1/2 teaspoon of salt
- 1/8 teaspoon of pepper
- Place the sun-dried tomatoes in a bowl and cover with boiling water. Set aside and let them sit until tender. Another option would be soaking your tomatoes over night.
- Once the tomatoes are soft, chop them in small pieces.
- In another bowl, whisk all the sauce ingredients until well combined.
- Place the sauce, the chopped kale and the chopped sun-dried tomatoes in a pan on medium-high heat. Cook while stirring until the sauce thickens up.
- Lower the heat to a minimum and add you pasta and combine well with the sauce.
- Taste and adjust salt and pepper.
- Serve and enjoy!
Cuisine Low-Fat, Soy-Free
Recipe by The Bright Bird at https://www.thebrightbird.com/sun-dried-tomato-kale-tahini-pasta/