Yield 2 cups approximately
Super creamy, low-fat and oil-free hummus. A lower-fat version of the traditional hummus, without any added oils but with all the flavor and an amazing thick and spreadable texture.
- 2 cups (330g) cooked chickpeas
- 3 tablespoons of tahini
- 1/4 cup (60ml) water
- 1 and 1/2 teaspoon of salt
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 clove of garlic, minced
- Place the chickpeas (cooked or canned, never raw!) in a bowl with warm water. Start rubbing them in between your hands or with your fingers to get rid of the skins.
- Add the peeled chickpeas to a food processor with the rest of the ingredients and blend until smooth.
- Serve with your favourite toppings. I added smoked paprika and chili flakes.
- You can keep it in an air-tight container and in the fridge up to 4 days.
Cuisine gluten-free, soy-free, nut-free
Recipe by The Bright Bird at https://www.thebrightbird.com/oil-free-hummus/