MAGIC TAHINI SAUCE
Yield 295 ml
Whether you are making pasta, potatoes, rice, beans, veggies...it doesn't matter. A few tablespoons of this wonderful sauce will make your dish shine.This magic tahini sauce is simply...magical.
- ½ cup (115ml) water
- 4 heaping tablespoons tahini
- 2 tablespoon tomato paste
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup (or rice syrup, agave…)
- 1 teaspoon mustard
- ½ teaspoon onion powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- Juice of ½ lemon
- Whisk all the ingredients together. It might look runny initially but it will thicken up slightly after 15 minutes in the fridge. You can adjust the consistency by adding a little bit more tahini (to make it thicker) or more water (to thin it out).
- Store the leftovers in an airtight container and in the fridge for up to 4-5 days.
Cuisine oil-free, soy-free, nut-free, gluten-free
Recipe by The Bright Bird at https://www.thebrightbird.com/magic-tahini-sauce/