HOMEMADE BLUEBERRY JAM
Yield 1.5 cups
- 1 cup blueberries (fresh or frozen)
- ½ cup dates chopped (very tiny)
- ¼ cup apple juice
- ½ teaspoon lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons ground flax seeds
- 2-3 teaspoons sweetener (depending on how sweet you want it). You can use agave, rice syrup, maple syrup, unrefined sugar...
- Combine the first 4 ingredients in a pot.
- Put on high heat and bring to a boil stirring constantly. Once it starts boiling, reduce heat to minimum and let it simmer for 15-20 minutes while stirring once in a while.
- Using a masher, mash the blueberries uniformly.
- Turn off the heat and add the ground flax seeds (and the sweetener of choice). Stir for 1 minute and then let it to cool down.
- Transfer to a glass jar or glass container and store in the fridge for up to 3-5 days.
Courses Sweet Treats
Cuisine low-fat, gluten-free, nut-free, soy-free
Recipe by The Bright Bird at https://www.thebrightbird.com/homemade-blueberry-jam/