HEARTY VEGAN TOFU SANDWICH
Yield 2 big sandwiches
This hearty vegan sandwich is filled with fried tofu slices, fried onion and a silky avocado cream and served warm. This might be your new favourite friday dinner.
- 200g tofu block
- 6 oil-free dried tomatoes (already hydrated)
- 1 french baguette
- 1 big onion, peeled and chopped
- ½ cup of this creamy avocado dip
- ¼ cup soy sauce
- Pinch of salt.
- Cut the tofu block in half and then slice each half into 4 thin slices.
- Fry in a non-stick pan until golden brown on both sides.
- At the same time, heat up another non-stick pan and fry the onions until golden brown. Add a pinch of salt.
- Once the tofu is golden brown, brush each slice with some soy sauce and let them on the pan for another minute on each side (but turn of the heat).
- If you want to eat your sandwich warm (which I recommend, Y-U-M), preheat oven to 180ºC.
- Cut the french baguette in two halves and slice them open. Spread each slice with around 2 tablespoons of the avocado dip.
- Assemble the sandwiches by adding the onions, the tofu and the dried tomatoes.
- Place the sandwiches on a baking sheet and bake for 5 minutes at 180ºC.
- Serve warm and enjoy!
Cuisine oil-free, nut-free
Recipe by The Bright Bird at https://www.thebrightbird.com/hearty-vegan-tofu-sandwich/