CARROT AND LEMON CAKE
Yield 24X15cm cake
- 290 grams of whole wheat (or spelt) flour
- 1/2 cup of sugar
- 3 teaspoons of baking powder
- 1/2 + 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon of salt
- 2 cups grated carrots (lightly packed)
- 1 + 1/4 cup apple sauce
- 1/4 cup molasses or maple syrup
- Zest of one lemon
- Juice of one lemon
- Preheat the oven to 180ºC
- In a large mixing bowl, mix together all the dry ingredients.
- In a separate bowl, combine wet ingredients and whisk very well.
- Pour wet into dry ingredients, and stir until just evenly combined. The batter should be quite thick!
- Line a 24x15 cm baking dish with parchment paper.
- Transfer the batter to the baking dish and spread out evenly.
- Bake on the low rack of the oven for 45 minutes at 180ºC and with the heat coming only from underneath.
- Let it cool in the baking dish for about 20 minutes before removing.
- You will also need a baking dish of approximately 24x15 cm.
Courses Sweet Treats
Cuisine low-fat, soy-free, nut-free
Recipe by The Bright Bird at https://www.thebrightbird.com/carrot-and-lemon-cake/