Yield 1 L
- 1 cup of almonds (soaked a minimum of 8 hours)
- 3 cups of water (or 4 cups if you prefer a lighter version)
- 3-4 pitted dates (optional, for a sweeter version)
- ¼ tsp of vanilla or cinnamon (optional)
- You will need also need a nut milk bag, cheese cloth or a very thin fabric.
- Soak the almonds overnight or for 8 hours.
- Drain the almonds and rinse well.
- Place the almonds, vanilla, dates and water in a high speed blender and blend till smooth consistency.
- Drain using a nut milk bag, cheese cloth or a very thin fabric. Press to get as much milk as possible.
- Notes: Drink it the same day or keep it in the fridge for one more day. You can discard the almond pulp or save it to make cookies, muffins or cakes.
Cuisine Low-Fat, Gluten-Free, Soy-Free
Recipe by The Bright Bird at https://www.thebrightbird.com/almond-milk/